The first signs of aging starts with facial wrinkles. This becomes a factor for worry among women and naturally they will be puzzled and would like to get rid of this at any cost. Botox treatment which has gained so much of popularity recently is a solution for this. This Botox treatment is done at Trivedi Skin Care Hospital with a simple procedure and the results are unbelievable. Botox treatment, one of the most tried and tested methods of wrinkle treatment is offered at Trivedi Skin Care Hospital. Botox is a purified protein material used for medical purposes for more than five decades. Wrinkles are formed due to continuous muscle contractions during facial expressions over long periods of time. Botox works by blocking the overactive nerve impulses that result in extreme muscle contractions, thus reducing the wrinkles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Botulinum Toxin as a muscle relaxant has an excellent safety record and a long record of use in medicine. It has been used successfully in adults and children in variety medical conditions over the last 20 years. It has been used cosmetically to treat facial wrinkles for about 15 years and has become one of the most popular and frequently used cosmetic treatments.
Botox Treatment can be used for treating wrinkles in men and women, however men often need slightly higher doses than women.
- People with infection at the proposed injection site.
- People who have previously had an allergic reaction to Botulinum toxin type A injections.
- People with muscle problems or chronic diseases affecting the muscles, such as Myasthenia Gravis, Eaton Lambert syndrome.
- Children under the age of 18 years.
- Women who are pregnant or breast feeding.
Botox injections are relatively painless as the injections are performed using a very fine needle. Patients therefore and do not require any anaesthesia. The full treatment takes about 15-20 minutes to perform and you are able to drive and go to work the same day.
It can take about 2-14 days to see the full effects after the initial treatment. The cosmetic effects can last up to six months. Eventually most people require re treatment as the wrinkles reappear.
Most people find that the injections cause only mild local pain and tenderness. Immediately after the injection there may be mild swelling at the injection site which usually subsides within 48 hours. Slight bruising is also possible. Side effects of these treatments are extremely rare.
When the effect of the Botox injection wears off the wrinkles will always return to their pre-treatment state. Treatments can be repeated after 6 months intervals, but the effects may last longer for some individuals, especially if they have had previous treatments to the same area.
Botox treatments are designed to smooth dynamic wrinkles in the forehead and around eyes, they do not affect your facial expression. The final result can be tailored to each patient and can be discussed at the initial free consultation.
- Try to contract the treated muscle areas for up to four hours after treatment, by frowning and lifting eyebrows to allow the toxin to reach all of the treated muscle.
- Avoid rubbing or touching the injected areas and avoid having facials and massage for 48 hours this is to ensure that the treatment remains at the site of injection.
- Avoid vigorous exercise and alcohol-based products on the area treated for 48 hours.
- If bruising develops the you can apply Arnica cream
- Paracetamol can be taken for mild pain post procedure