What may have been an enthusiastic urge to get a ‘cool’ tattoo, now perhaps bothers many who wish to get their inked body parts clear again. And with advanced laser technology at our tattoo removal clinic in Surat at Trivedi Skin Care Hospital, any tattoo can be safely removed, leaving behind no scars whatsoever. Tattoos are no longer considered permanent and irreversible designs or marks on the skin. They can safely be removed by laser treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many different factors, including age of the tattoo, location, size, density of ink and type of ink/colors used, that determine the total number of treatments required for complete removal . New tattoo removal treatments can often clear tattoos in about 6 to 8 treatments. Keep in mind that every person and tattoo is unique and some might require more while others require less.
While each person is unique in terms of recovery time, tattoo removal treatments must be spaced out about 6-8 weeks apart. This time between treatment sessions is necessary to help the body properly heal and remove ink particles
In most cases we are able to completely remove the tattoo. However, there is a chance that a tiny amount of pigment may be left in the skin (commonly called “ghosting”)
Most clients will notice a degree of lightening after their first treatment and also consequence treatment of 5 to 6 sitting will show significant effect.
If you are considering covering an old tattoo with a new tattoo your artist may suggest undergoing laser tattoo removal to lighten/fade the old tattoo. Often, this makes the process of doing a cover up easier and provides a better end result. In this case fewer treatment sessions will be necessary to lighten the tattoo.
Yes, depending on the tattoo it may be possible to isolate and remove a specific portion rather than the full tattoo.
While each person tolerates pain differently, most patients say they experience mild/moderate discomfort similar to having their skin snapped with a rubber band. There is no pain or discomfort once the treatment is finished. We use different ways to mitigate pain such as topical numbing, injectable lidocaine, and cold air.
- Clean treated area daily allowing water or shower to run over the wound, and then pat the area dry.
- Apply a thin layer Ointment to the wound.
- Apply a telfa pad over the wound until it is healed.
- If crusting occurs, do not shave or pick area. Apply Restorative Ointment to wound area 2 to 3 times per day. Keep the area moist, and let the scab fall off on its own.
- No rubbing and/or scratching the treated area.
- Discomfort may be relieved by ice packs or acetaminophen.
- No swimming or using hot tubs/whirlpools until the wound heals.
- Contact us if there is any indication of blistering or infection (redness, tenderness, or pus).
- Avoid sun exposure. When treatment area is exposed to the sun, use a SPF 30+ sunblock with zinc oxide and reapply every 2 hours.